The 64-bit version of Act! has finally arrived! Act! v24 delivers turbocharged performance via a 64-bit native architecture. There is plenty to talk about in this release so continue to check our posts as we dive into its capabilities. Today we will start with the major accomplishment of this release-the move to the 64-bit architecture. Act! v24 capitalizes on the inherent benefits of 64-bit hardware and operating systems. This allows it to gain full access to all available system memory resulting in superior speed, performance and scalability. Now you can multi-task, perform high-load functions, and support large files and data sets without memory issues. Act! v24 allows access to virtually unlimited RAM with a 64-bit native application. This compares to just 4 GB with the older 32-bit application.
64-bit is all about performance.
- Memory Access
- Access 17,000,000,000+GB of RAM with a 64-bit native application vs. 4GB with a 32-bit application
- Run multiple applications concurrently without system lag or out-of-memory issues
- Speed & Performance
- Enjoy superior speed during high-load functions and support for large files and data sets
- Run multiple concurrent 3rd party add-ons optimally and support large or growing implementations
- Leverage the inherent security benefits of 64-bit hardware and operating systems